How to change UTC time to EST on IN-14 Arduino Shield Nixie Tubes Clock

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  GAD 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

hnz980
    Participant

Hello,

Recently purchased IN-14 Arduino Shield Nixie Tubes Clock (Arduino, GPS, Temp. sensor, Remote) with Sockets

How to change UTC format to EST.
    GPS defaults to UTC.

Gra Afch
    Keymaster

Hello.

Please use User Manual to set the GPS.

Regards.

hnz980
    Participant

I am missing something in the manual that I am not doing correct.
    I have everything set correctly except the time.
    I set the time with the GPS plugged into the clock and it defaults back to UTC time.
    I checked the GPS settings and it show 02 – default as mentioned in the book.
    I don’t know what number to set for EST.

I live in Eastern Standard Time. 11:48 a.m. the clock shows 5:49 p.m.

GAD
    Participant

I know this is an old thread, but I was having a similar issue with my Arduino Mega GRA&AFCH clock and so I looked at the code. The code sets the sync interval to 30 minutes, and I’ve seen the clock not change after I set the time zone for a long period of time – presumably because of this. If you set the time zone and it appears to have no effect, let the clock sit for up to 1/2 hour and it should change.

Additionally, according to the instructions, “negative” time zones are shown by illuminating the dots in the tubes. Well, my tubes don’t have dots so there’s some ambiguity about what’s being shown. In other words 05 and -05 appear to be the same on my clock with Millclock ZIN-70 tubes in a Z568M clock.

To answer the original question, my clock shows the right time for EST with the time zone displayed as 05. This is clearly -05 but there is no visual indication of this being negative. For EDT that number should be 04. If the time is wrong with 04 or 05 displayed, cycle through the numbers until you get to 04 or 05 again and this should be the negative version.

Hope that helps someone.

GAD
    Participant

Note also that (at least on my clock) when you first power on the clock with the GPS enabled that it will show GMT time until the GPS syncs at which point the time zone is applied. I find this to be a bit clunky, but I didn’t write the code.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.