Tubes / neons not coming on

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  aquepello 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

nickwh555
    Participant

Recently bought the Nixie clock kit with MCU NCM109 Control Board & NCT412 Tubes Board. I am getting 5V, 12V and 180V at the appropriate test points but the nixie tubes and neon lamps are not lighting up. LEDS’s underneath the tubes are working as is pink panther theme. The only component I am not 100% about soldering perfectly is the HV5122PJ chip. Could this be the problem or are there other components to check? Great instructional youtube video!!

realcomeau
    Participant

What power supply are you using? You need a power supply that us capable of 1A. I have purchased a few power supplies that claim to be 1A, but when powering the clock, the voltage drops to 6V and I get the exact symptoms you are experiencing.

nickwh555
    Participant

Hi realcomeau”, cheers for the reply
    Actually I used a 12V 7.2Ah SLA Battery to test the system before I looked around in the shed for a mains power supply. Will try a power supply in case the battery doesn’t have enough “oomph”, will post the results

aquepello
    Participant

Hello All,

I have one tube not coming on.
    Other Tubes, LEDs, sound, clock functions all work

Any thoughts? No connections are visibly broken,
    Possible some resordering needed?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.