Turn tubes off at night

This topic contains 29 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  gianfranco.masiello 2 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

gg
    Participant

thanks again for this update, so now your final modded bios includes –
    – preventing that ‘pink panther’ bootup song
    – better adjusting the led backlighting
    – the ability to dim the tubes during certain times (night)
    – the ability to adjust the fade in/out of digits
    – a choice of having the date as MONTH / DAY / YEAR
    plus things i do no personally use since i don’t have the sensors, such as
    – able to show temperature every minute
    – the ability to adjust auto-dim based on ambient lighting
    and probably other features i am unaware of.

gg
    Participant

i did have an issue though –
    your last post offered two modded firmwares with all the features, except that you offer one fw with dim sensor, and one fw for us who don’t have a dim sensor.
    since i don’t have a dim sensor, i tried to verify that *.ino file, but it fails,
    but if i verify & use the fw with the dim sensor code, that one works and does not fail, but then the issue is i don’t have a dim sensor, so the digits are very dim.
    so i am wondering, if only the fw without the dim sensor code in it is failing verification or compiling, is that something i can fix, or does it require your help?
    tx

vasques666
    Participant

Sorry. my bad, I reuploaded firmware without sensor. Please, download it again )
    link is still same

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  vasques666.

gg
    Participant

hi, i downloaded the updated FW w/o the light sensor, and tried to compile again, but i get the same error as seen here-

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PsM4c4D1kXeg3zu98

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  gg.

vasques666
    Participant

that’s strange, I just replaced one string.
    Now I get my firmware with dim sensor and changed it to work with hour limits.
    there are no errors when I compile it
    Please try it

rx.gra
    Participant

Hmm… Can anyone help me figure out what to do to turn off the tubes on a NCS318-6 v1.2 board? I’m not seeing how to adapt the NCT818 code. Someone above seems to have got it working for his NCS314 board, which I presume could be similar to mine (not sure), but I’m not following what to change.

Here’s the doIndication file the 318 uses:
    https://github.com/afch/NixeTubesShieldNCS318/blob/master/Firmware/Source%20code/Hardware%20Version%201.x%20(HW1.x)/NixieClockShield_NCS318/doIndication318_HW1.x.ino

Thanks for any help. I’m a programmer but have basically never dealt with low level stuff, so I’m not following what exactly does what here.

rx.gra
    Participant

Related to the last post, for the NCS318-6 board, I got turning the tubes off to work by adding an onOffMask() call to the 6 lines that build the Var32 in doIndication318_HW1.x.ino. And onOffMask() just returns TubeOFF (0x3C00) or TubeON (0xFFFF) depending on what I want.

It does the job, but is there any issue with this approach? I don’t know if that might keep power to the tubes in some way that could shorten their life/etc.

Var32|=(unsigned long)(SymbolArray[digits%10]&doEditBlink(5)&moveMask()&onOffMask())<<20; // s2

Thanks.

Proto
    Participant

Can you add the light sensor to any Arduino? If so what light sensor? And how?

I would like to know how to change the brightness on a IN14 kit from them!

Thanks!

gianfranco.masiello
    Participant

Hello, i see a LS1 marking with a connector, anyone knows what it is?

gianfranco.masiello
    Participant

This is the marking on the board

https://i.postimg.cc/pTvjTt5k/20220405-092918.jpg

Any hint?

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.